• The Tysons Corner Ruth's Chris Steak House happily welcomes dogs to their patio. 12 tables serving 2–4 each are available. Call and they'll make sure you get all the tables you need. (703) 848-4290
• The Tysons McCormick & Schmick’s patio holds 21 tables (9 on one side, 12 on the other) and dogs are welcome at all tables. You can make patio reservations! 8484 Westpark Drive, McLean/Tysons Corner; (703) 848-8000
• Panera Bread in the Pike 7 Plaza, Panera has free WiFi. (Dog-friendly Orvis is in Pike 7.) 8365 Leesburg Pike #B , (703) 556-3700.
• Not only does the Lost Dog Cafe serve food, allow dogs on their patio, and deliver, owners established the Lost Dog and Cat Rescue Foundation, with hundreds of successful rescues. In its McLean location, the Log Dog outside area seats 16 people. No size limit on dogs, but they don’t take reservations. Mid-afternoon you could easily get a table.
—Call if you have questions (703) 356-5678
—Address: 1690 Anderson Road, McLean; corner of McGarrity and Anderson.
—Lost Dog delivers. $20 minimum. Orders over $50 computer automatically adds a 10% gratuity.
• Indian Café Taj has an outside patio that serves 20 people (4 tables for 2 people and 5 tables for 4). Unfortunately, they don’t take patio reservations. 1379 Beverly Rd, McLean; (703) 827-0444
• Quiet, well behaved dogs are welcome at Kazan (Turkish and Mediterranean). The patio holds 1-2 dog-friendly tables with 4-5 people per table. 6813 Redmond Drive, McLean; (703) 734-1960
• Reston Town Center has shops, art galleries, and restaurants with open patios, most of which allow well-behaved dogs. Some shops allow dogs. Clyde’s of Reston welcomes dogs at certain tables in the patio area, but reservations aren't accepted. 11905 Market St., Reston; (703) 787-6601
• Reston’s Lake Anne Center has several cafes with patio dining that allow dogs. Cafe Montmartre is one of the dog-friendly restaurants overlooking Lake Anne. Per one review, “Very good French and Vietnamese food on the plaza overlooking Lake Anne. You can sit out one of the tables ringing the patio and leash your dog to the rope surrounding the patio. Jasmine Cafe on Lake Anne was also terrific and has a relaxed dog policy." 1625 Washington Plaza; (703) 904-8080 .
• Reston McCormick & Schmick’s. 11920 Democracy Drive, Reston; (703) 481-6660
• Tigris Grill. Their patio seats 8 but they can make room for more. Hunter Mill Plaza, 2946 Chain Bridge Rd, #P, Oakton (703) 255-5950
Tips for dining with your dog
This post was originally written for participants of the BlogPaws 2011 conference. Information is accurate as of August 2011.