|Can you believe I'm getting paid for this?|
Wednesday, January 28, 2015
Thursday, January 22, 2015
Wednesday, January 14, 2015
Monday, January 12, 2015
|Most popular Wordless Wednesday|
1. How long have you been blogging? Give a quick description of your blog.
• Since 2011. It's primarily my photos of animals that I pet sit.
2. What is one thing you accomplished on your blog during 2014 that made you proud?
• Baby's first giveaway! See #7, below.
3. What lessons have you learned last year—from other blogs or through your own experiences—that could help us all with our blogs?
• Blogging is hard work. Bloggers that rock are creative. They're good writers and photographers. They follow a schedule, do arduous research, and are accurate. They interact with their fans on social media. And their love for animals is bone deep—Milk Bone deep.
4. What have you found to be the most successful way to bring traffic to your blog, other than by writing great content?
• Blogpaws' Wordless Wednesday brings in traffic if I have a compelling photo like this one. It helps to Tweet about a blogpost more than once.
5. What was your most popular blog post last year? Did it surprise you that it was your most popular?
• The 2014 Pet Blogger Challenge.
6. What was your favorite blog post to write this year?
• The most meaningful was about Lori Huston, who passed away.
|My first giveaway!|
• Yes! At Blogpaws I won $50 from the AAHA (American Animal Hospital Association) to give to a reader to visit an AAHA vet. When I posted about the giveaway, I asked readers to comment. Because I wasn't comfortable with Rafflecopter, each reader's comment was their entry. I numbered the comments. Then I numbered pieces of paper. The first paper that my hamster, Winnie, chewed, was the winner. I thought that Rafflecopter was the only way to go, but this worked!
8. What's your best piece of advice for other bloggers?
• You have to love it. You have to work hard.
9. What goals do you have for your blog in 2015?
• Right this minute I don't have any. My main focus is decluttering my apartment and moving across the country, and on pet sitting.
10. If you could ask the pet blogging community for help with one challenge you're having with your blog, what would it be?
• I won a private visit at BlogPaws with SEO expert Matt Beswick. He explained how I could gather everything I needed to put online under one umbrella. "EmmyScammahorn.com" will allow people to hire me, learn about me, link to my blog, and whatever comes up in the future. I'm a pet sitter, writer, editor, photographer, and have been taking classes in holistic animal healing. Pet bloggers, do you have suggestions for designers for a web site? Who should host? In the corporate word I've worked on web sites, but never done my own. Help!!