|Dog Day Afternoon|
Dog-Friendly Dining in Leesburg
The Virginia Dog reported these places as dog-friendly, but I did not confirm. If you plan to go to one of these restaurants, please call first.
• South Street Under, 203 Harrison Street SE, (703) 771-9610
• Fire Works Pizza, 201 Harrison Street, SE, (703) 779-8400
• Lightfoot, 11 North King Street, (703) 771-2233
• Eiffel Tower Café, 107 Loudoun Street, SW, (703) 777-5142
Dog-Friendly Parks in Leesburg
• Dogs are allowed off-leash, but all dogs play together, at the Leesburg Dog Park, at the Olde Izaak Walton Park. The park has a Facebook page.
• In Leesburg you have two access points to the Washington & Old Dominion Trail—the Leesburg and Leesburg West entrances. Dogs must be leashed.
• Dogs must also be leashed at Balls Bluff Battlefield Regional Park.
• At Morven Park dogs must be leashed and remain in designated areas. Dogs are not allowed in buildings.
• What about the Leesburg Canine Country Club? you ask. You must be a membah. So veddy veddy sorry.
Dog-Friendly Shopping in Leesburg
Check the hours of these small stores to be sure you don't get shut out.
• The Reign of Cats and Dogs, 13 1/2 South King Street, (703) 669-6920
• The Dog Day Afternoon boutique, 305 #B East Market Street, (703) 779-1333
• Chase Your Tail Bakery, 305-A East Market Street, (703) 771-3019
• Leesburg aso has a Petco (200-250 Fort Evans Road) and Petsmart (510 D East Market St).
• At the Tarara Winery, dogs are allowed around the grounds, but not in the tasting room. (Hiccup!)
• If the weather is nice the outdoor Leesburg Corner Premium Outlets mall, is delightful. Dogs are allowed throughout the mall, but not in the food court.
This post was originally written for participants of the BlogPaws 2011 conference. Information is accurate as of August 2011.