Thursday, October 25, 2012

• On My Way to Barkworld

I'm at the airport on my way to BarkWorld. If you're not in the pet industry, "BarkWorld" may be a strange name for a conference, until you know that a high percentage of attendees have four legs.

BarkWorld is a social media conference for the pet industry. As a pet sitter, I blog and microblog (on Facebook and Twitter) so it's a prime opportunity to meet other pet bloggers, learn about trends and new products in the industry, and how to use technology to communicate more effectively. I have a private meeting with the BarkWorld IT peeps and a list of questions as long as my arm.

BarkWorld is also a ton of fun. The conference kicks off with a HOWL-O-Ween Charity Pawty, which I expect to be an overload of cuteness. And at last I'll get to meet German Shepherd Buster, mom Amy, and dad Rod of GoPetFriendly, a web site for traveling with dogs and cats. Buster's brother, Ty, is as shy as his Shar Pei wrinkles are deep, and will probably spend the conference snoozing in the RV. I'll also get to catch up with pals I've met on a Monday night Twitter party, #petchat.
@PepperPom, one of my roomies

BarkWorld also does good. Petco is giving $1, up to $5,000, for every Tweet and/or blog that references Be the Change 4 Animals (#btc4a) from October 22 to October 27. Shelter animals will be the beneficiaries. You don't have to be at BarkWorld to contribute to this worthy cause—just Tweet Be the Change 4 Animals to @Petco.


1 comment: